Search the Web

Custom Search

2008-04-15

A DAY SUCH AS THIS ONE


Image from: Freebyte.net
As usual the day in school was “toxic” as ever. There were deadlines to meet, paperwork to be accomplished, meetings to attend to and many more. I went through all these like a robot; performing competently but mechanically.

A day such as this one, I grope in the dark for my motivation – for my heart. Do I just exist to go through the hours like a machine? Oftentimes, I read and hear people say that to do something meaningfully – one must put her heart into it, or one must do it “with a heart”. What does this phrase actually mean?

The heart symbolizes love, so it simply means do something with love. But how can one do something with love when her heart is numb with pain and sorrow? How can one wake up in the morning and perform her daily task “with love”?

I am just thinking out loud .

No comments: