Photo:Courtesy of Entrecard
I have discovered this through trial and error, and I want to share this short pointers with whoever is interested:
1. Make your “Drop In Box” the basis of what blogs to drop on. Start backwards from the last going to the first dropper.
I usually start with page no.5. Then click on the “cards you haven’t dropped on”, when I proceed to pages 4,3,2, and then 1.
I find this very effective because I receive more drops, than when I started with page 1. ( of course, using the Entrebar will facilitate dropping.)
2. If you have several blogs. Don’t drop all the 300 cards on one blog and forgo dropping cards for the rest of your blogs.
Instead, drop at least 50 -100 cards per blog , making sure that all of your blogs have at least 50-100 drops/day.
3. Invite guest bloggers and watch your links increase. It is also one way of strengthening friendships .
4. Be generous in helping other people. It wouldn’t hurt you if you extend a helping hand.
In helping others, in the long run, this will come back to you too.
GIGO- "Garbage In –Garbage Out".
I started with 4 readers in my Gewgaw Writings and now it is a lot more.
5. Stop and comment on posts you find interesting . You could not contribute anything worthwhile if you just comment for the sake of it. Sincerely commenting on other blogs will surely gain you some good friends and - of course - readers too.
Photo by cambodia4kidsorg
6. Always reply to your readers ( I know this have been emphasized by no less than Graham himself). It’s like acknowledging them and showing them some respect.
7. If you have more time , then you can venture on the “Campaign Bar” and visit new blogs to add more to your favorites.
8. Buy advertisement spaces from other entrecarders. This will increase the visits and of course readership of your posts.
I'm still learning and experimenting on the various activities.
I'll let you know if I discover something again.